Venue: Virtual Meeting
Contact: Caroline McCleary Democratic Services Officer
The Mayor’s Chaplin, Reverend Sally Baylis delivered opening prayers.
Apologies for Absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Roxanne Ellis.
Declaration of Interests.
Councillors Barnfather, Brooks, Creamer and Elliott declared a non-pecuniary interest in Item 4 as members of Nottinghamshire County Council.
Councillors Clarke and Payne declared a non-pecuniary interest in Item 4 as members of Nottinghamshire County Council and Nottinghamshire Fire Authority.
Report of the Director of Corporate Resources.
Consideration was given to a report of the Director of Corporate Resources requesting a waiver from the Council’s contract standing orders to enable the Council to enter into a new contract with Via East Midlands Limited to carry out resurfacing work to Bestwood Lodge Drive, an un-adopted road at Bestwood Country Park.
A proposition was moved by Councillor Barnes and seconded by Councillor Wheeler.
Councillor Lawrence joined the meeting at 6.10pm.
In accordance with Standing Order 17.03, the proposition was put to a named vote as follows:
For the motion:
Councillors Adams, Peter Barnes, Sandra Barnes, Barnfather, Bosworth, Boyle, Brooks, Clarke, Clunie, Collis, Creamer, Elliott, David Ellis, Rachael Ellis, Ellwood, Feeney, Fox, Gibbons, Greensmith, Gregory, Hollingsworth, Hope, Keneally, Ron McCrossen, Viv McCrossen, Miller, Murray, Najuk, Paling, Parr, Payne, Scroggie, Martin Smith, Sam Smith, Towsey-Hinton, Truscott, Wheeler, Wheeler.
Against the motion:
Councillor Lawrence was not present for the full item, so abstained from voting.
To waive contract standing orders to enable the Council to directly award a contract for the resurfacing of Bestwood Lodge Drive, an un-adopted road at Bestwood Country Park, to Via East Midlands Limited.
A proposition was moved by Councillor Clarke and seconded by Councillor Payne in the following terms:
1. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 11 February 2021, that the Prudential and Treasury Indicators and the Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2021/22, which includes the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement, the Borrowing Strategy, and the Annual Investment Strategy, set out at pages 11 to 51 of the Council agenda, be approved.
2. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 11 February 2021, that the Capital Programme for 2021/22 to 2023/24 set out at page 65 of the Council agenda and the Capital Investment Strategy 2021/22 to 2025/26 set out in the document circulated separately to the Council agenda be approved.
3. In accordance with the recommendation of Cabinet on 11 February 2021, that the financial threshold above which decisions will be regarded as Key Decisions be set at £0.5 million for 2021/22, and that the detailed budget for 2021/22 included at pages 117 to 156 of the Council agenda be approved.
4. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 11 February 2021, that the refreshed Gedling Plan 2020-2023 included at pages 185 to 204 of the Council agenda, and which sets out the priorities, objectives and actions, be approved.
5. That the sum of £4,975,600 be taken from General Fund Balances in 2021/22 of which £4,621,000 is to fund the 2020/21 exceptional NDR deficit, and £354,600 is to support General Fund revenue expenditure in 2021/22.
6. That it be noted that the Portfolio holder for Resources and Reputation and Deputy Leader of the Council determined on 5 January 2021 (D1106), the following amounts for the year 2021/22 in accordance with regulations made under section 31(B) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
a) 37,389.96 being the amount calculated by the Council, in accordance with regulation 3 of the Local Authorities (Calculation of Council Tax Base) (England) Regulations 2012, as its council tax base for the year. (The Council Tax base for the whole district)
being the amounts calculated by the Council, in accordance with regulation 6 of the Regulations, as the amounts of its council tax base for the year for dwellings in/ those parts of its area to which one or more special items relate. (The Council Tax base for each parish)
7. That the following amounts be now calculated by the Council for the year 2021/22 in accordance with sections 31A, 31B and 34 to 36 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 (the Act):
(a) £41,337,402 being the aggregate of the amounts which the Council estimates for the items set out in section 31A(2) of the Act. (Effectively gross expenditure including parish precepts, and transfers to reserves)
(b) £34,115,000 being the aggregate of the amounts which the ... view the full minutes text for item 71.