(i) All non-executive functions of the Council with regard to Town and Country Planning, Development Control and Tree and Hedgerow Preservation Orders, other than the function of approving the development plan;
(ii) All non-executive functions of the Council with regard to highways and public rights of way.
1. To examine and investigate any proposals for development within or outside the Borough which affect the growth prosperity and wellbeing of the Borough and to consult on any action considered necessary.
2. Power to fix fees and charges in relation to the remit of the Committee.
3. Power to appoint delegates to conferences and to approve Member training in relation to the remit of the Committee.
4. To respond to consultative documents received by the Council and falling with the remit of the Committee.
5. Power to institute enforcement and legal proceedings in connection with any offences under any powers delegated to this Committee.
6. Power to determine applications for planning permission.
7. Power to determine applications to develop land without compliance with conditions previously attached.
8. Power to grant planning permission for development already carried out.
9. Power to decline to determine applications for planning permission.
10. Duties relating to the making
of determinations of planning applications.
11. Power to determine applications for planning permission made to the Council.
12. Power to make determinations, give approvals and agree matters relating to the exercise of development rights.
13. Power to enter into agreements regulating the use or development of land.
14. Power to issue a certificate of existing or proposed lawful use or development.
15. Power to serve a completion notice.
16. Power to grant consent for the display of advertisements.
17. Power to authorise entry onto land pursuant to Section 196A of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
18. Power to require the discontinuance of a use of land.
19. Power to serve a contravention notice, breach of condition notice or stop notice.
20. Power to issue an enforcement notice.
21. Power to apply for an injunction restraining a breach of planning control.
22. Power to require proper maintenance of land pursuant to Section 215(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
23. Power to determine applications for listed buildings consent and related powers pursuant to Sub-Section 16(1) and (2), 17, 27(2) and 33(1) of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Buildings in Conservation Areas) Act 1990.
24. Power to determine applications for conservation area consent.
25. To carry out the duties relating to applications for listed building consent and conservation area consent contained within Sub-Section 13(1) and 14(1) and (4) of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Buildings in Conservation Areas) Act 1990 and the related Regulations and Guidance issued thereunder.
26. Power to serve a building preservation notice and related powers contained in Sub-Section 3(1) and 4(1) of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Buildings in Conservation Areas) Act 1990.
27. Power to issue an enforcement notice in relation to the demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area.
28. Power to
acquire a listed building in need of repair and to serve a repairs
29. Power to apply for an injunction in relation to a listed building.
30. Power to execute urgent works pursuant to Section 54 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Buildings in Conservation Areas) Act 1990.
31. Power to create, extinguish, stop up or divert footpaths or bridle ways after consultation, where appropriate, with the relevant Parish Council.
32. Power to make a rail crossing diversion or extinguishment order.
33. To exercise the Council's powers relating to the preservation of trees contained within the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
34. To exercise the Council's powers with regard to the Hedgerows Regulations 1997.
35. Power to make, amend, revoke or re-enact byelaws within the remit of the Committee.
36. Power to grant a street works licence pursuant to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
37. To exercise the Council's non-executive functions as agents of the Highway Authority.
Support officer: Cayte Goodall. Democratic Services Officer
Arnot Hill Park
Phone: 0115 901 3961
Web site: http://www.gedling.gov.uk