you would like to register to speak at Planning Committee, in line
with the Planning Committee Protocol, please contact Democratic
Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that your email includes details of which
application you would like to speak on, whether you are the
applicant or an objector and a contact telephone number that we can
reach you on.
(i) All non-executive functions of
the Council with regard to Town and Country Planning, Development
Control and Tree and Hedgerow Preservation Orders, other than the
function of approving the development plan;
(ii) All non-executive functions
of the Council with regard to highways and public rights of
To examine and investigate any proposals for development within or
outside the Borough which affect the growth prosperity and
wellbeing of the Borough and to consult on any action considered
Power to fix fees and charges in relation to the remit of the
Power to appoint delegates to conferences and to approve Member
training in relation to the remit of the Committee.
To respond to consultative documents received by the Council and
falling with the remit of the Committee.
Power to institute enforcement and legal proceedings in connection
with any offences under any powers delegated to this
Power to determine applications for planning permission.
Power to determine applications to develop land without compliance
with conditions previously attached.
Power to grant planning permission for development already carried
Power to decline to determine applications for planning
10. Duties relating to the making
of determinations of planning applications.
11. Power to determine applications for planning
permission made to the Council.
12. Power to make determinations, give approvals
and agree matters relating to the exercise of development
13. Power to enter into agreements regulating
the use or development of land.
14. Power to issue a certificate of existing or
proposed lawful use or development.
15. Power to serve a completion
16. Power to grant consent for the display of
17. Power to authorise entry onto land pursuant
to Section 196A of the Town and Country Planning Act
18. Power to require the discontinuance of a use
19. Power to serve a contravention notice,
breach of condition notice or stop notice.
20. Power to issue an enforcement
21. Power to apply for an injunction restraining
a breach of planning control.
22. Power to require proper maintenance of land
pursuant to Section 215(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act
23. Power to determine applications for listed
buildings consent and related powers pursuant to Sub-Section 16(1)
and (2), 17, 27(2) and 33(1) of the Planning (Listed Buildings and
Buildings in Conservation Areas) Act 1990.
24. Power to determine applications for
conservation area consent.
25. To carry out the duties relating to
applications for listed building consent and conservation area
consent contained within Sub-Section 13(1) and 14(1) and (4) of the
Planning (Listed Buildings and Buildings in Conservation Areas) Act
1990 and the related Regulations and Guidance issued
26. Power to serve a building preservation
notice and related powers contained in Sub-Section 3(1) and 4(1) of
the Planning (Listed Buildings and Buildings in Conservation Areas)
27. Power to issue an enforcement notice in
relation to the demolition of an unlisted building in a
28. Power to
acquire a listed building in need of repair and to serve a repairs
29. Power to apply for an injunction in relation
to a listed building.
30. Power to execute urgent works pursuant to
Section 54 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Buildings in
Conservation Areas) Act 1990.
31. Power to create, extinguish, stop up or
divert footpaths or bridle ways after consultation, where
appropriate, with the relevant Parish Council.
32. Power to make a rail crossing diversion or
33. To exercise the Council's powers relating to
the preservation of trees contained within the Town and Country
Planning Act 1990.
34. To exercise the Council's powers with regard
to the Hedgerows Regulations 1997.
35. Power to make, amend, revoke or re-enact
byelaws within the remit of the Committee.
36. Power to grant a street works licence
pursuant to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
37. To exercise
the Council's non-executive functions as agents of the Highway