Venue: Council Chamber
Contact: Alec Dubberley Service Manager, Democratic Services
Reverend Ogle, the Mayor’s Chaplian, delivered opening prayers.
Apologies for Absence.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Fox and Stirland.
Declaration of Interests.
A proposition was moved by Councillor John Clarke and seconded by Councillor Payne in the following terms:
1. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 14 February 2019, that the Prudential and Treasury Indicators and the Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2019/20, which includes the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement, the Borrowing Strategy, and the Annual Investment Strategy, set out at pages 5 to 45 of the Council agenda, be approved.
2. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 14 February 2019, that the Capital Programme for 2019/20 to 2021/22 set out at page 77 of the Council agenda and the Capital Investment Strategy 2019/20 to 2023/24 set out at pages 59 to 76 of the Council agenda be approved.
3. In accordance with the recommendation of Cabinet on 14 February 2019, that the financial threshold above which decisions will be regarded as Key Decisions be set at £0.5 million for 2019/20.
4. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 14 February 2019, that the Gedling Plan 2019/20 included at pages 3 to 24 of the supplement to the Council agenda, and the detailed budget for 2019/20 included at pages 133 to 171 of the Council agenda, which together set out the detailed budget and priorities, objectives, actions and key performance indicators be approved.
5. That the sum of £1,225,400 be taken from General Fund Balances in 2019/20 to support General Fund revenue expenditure in that year.
6. That it be noted that the Portfolio holder for Resources and Reputation and Deputy Leader of the Council determined on 31 January 2019 (D807), the following amounts for the year 2019/20 in accordance with regulations made under section 31(B) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(a) 37,007.37 being the amount calculated by the Council, in accordance with regulation 3 of the Local Authorities (Calculation of Council Tax Base) (England) Regulations 2012, as its council tax base for the year. (The Council Tax base for the whole district)
being the amounts calculated by the Council, in accordance with regulation 6 of the Regulations, as the amounts of its council tax base for the year for dwellings in/ those parts of its area to which one or more special items relate. (The Council Tax base for each parish)
7. That the following amounts be now calculated by the Council for the year 2019/20 in accordance with sections 31A, 31B and 34 to 36 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 (the Act):
(a) £46,056,365 being the aggregate of the amounts which the Council estimates for the items set out in section 31A(2) of the Act. (Effectively gross expenditure including parish precepts, and transfers to reserves)
(b) £39,307,000 being the aggregate of the amounts which the Council estimates for the items set out in section 31A(3) ... view the full minutes text for item 52.