Venue: Council Chamber
Contact: Alec Dubberley Service Manager, Democratic Services
The Mayor’s Chaplin was not able to attend the meeting to deliver opening prayers. The Mayor wished Councillor Collis all the best for a speedy recovery from recent ill health.
Apologies for Absence.
Apologies for absence were received tom Councillors Beeston, Collis, Feeney, Hewson, Powell and Scroggie.
Declaration of Interests.
A proposition was moved by Councillor John Clarke and seconded by Councillor Payne in the following terms:
1. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 15 February 2018, that the Prudential and Treasury Indicators and the Treasury Management Strategy Statement 2018/19 which includes the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy Statement; the Borrowing Strategy and the Annual Investment Strategy set out at pages 5 to 41 of the Council agenda be approved.
2. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 15 February 2018, that the Capital Programme for 2018/19 to 2020/21 set out at pages 77 to 78 of the Council agenda and the Capital Investment Strategy 2018/19 to 2020/21 set out at pages 55 to 76 of the Council agenda be approved.
3. In accordance with the recommendation of Cabinet on 15 February 2018, that the financial threshold above which decisions will be regarded as Key Decisions be set at £0.5 million for 2018/19.
4. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 15 February 2018, that the Gedling Plan 2018-19 included at pages 111 to 143 of the Council agenda and the detailed budget for 2018/19 included at pages 163 to 203 of the Council agenda which together set out the detailed budget and priorities, objectives, actions and performance indicators be approved.
5. In accordance with the recommendations of Cabinet on 15 February 2018, that the future cumulative efficiency target of £1.1m with the following annual ongoing targets: 2019/20 £100,000; 2020/21 £200,000; 2021/22 £400,000 and 2022/23 £400,000 be approved and officers be instructed to develop delivery plans for the 2019/20 budget process.
6. That the sum of £1,278,800 be taken from General Fund Balances in 2018/19 to support General Fund revenue expenditure in that year.
7. That it be noted that the Portfolio holder for Resources and Reputation and Deputy Leader of the Council determined on 18 January 2018 (D651), the following amounts for the year 2017/18 in accordance with regulations made under section 31(B) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(a) 36,637.56 being the amount calculated by the Council, in accordance with regulation 3 of the Local Authorities (Calculation of Council Tax Base) (England) Regulations 2012, as its council tax base for the year. (The Council Tax base for the whole district)
being the amounts calculated by the Council, in accordance with regulation 6 of the Regulations, as the amounts of its council tax base for the year for dwellings in/ those parts of its area to which one or more special items relate. (The Council Tax base for each parish)
8. That the following amounts be now calculated by the Council for the year 2018/19 in accordance with sections 31A, 31B and 34 to 36 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 (the Act):
(a) £46,451,949 being ... view the full minutes text for item 67.