The purpose of this report is:
1) To seek approval to implement, in accordance with the latest government guidance, the following grant schemes:
i) Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector)
ii) Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
iii) Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
iv) Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum
v) Additional Restrictions Grant
2) To adopt the local scheme known as the Gedling Borough Council Local Restrictions Business Support scheme to act as guidance for the administration of the approved grants, including those where the Council is required to exercise its discretion.
3) To delegate, to the Director responsible for Revenues Services, the authority to determine grant eligibility, in accordance with the Government’s guidance and the Council’s Local Restrictions Business Support scheme.
4) To delegate, to the Portfolio Holder for Resources and Reputation, the authority to determine grant eligibility and award value, in cases where it is considered that there are exceptional reasons to provide support for organisations, which are not specified as qualifying businesses within the Local Restrictions Business Support scheme, but which provide key benefit to the local economy of the Borough of Gedling.
5) To establish two budgets to allow the payment of the grants where the Council is required to exercise its discretion.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure > £500,000;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 13/11/2020
This decision will be taken under urgency procedures.
Reason for urgency:
The decision is time critical in relation to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
Lead member: Leader of the Council
Lead director: Director of Corporate Resources
Contact: Andrew Solley, Revenues Manager Email: email@example.com.