All non-executive functions of the Council with
Health and safety at work (other than the exercise
of the functions of the Council in the capacity of
Food hygiene and safety
Animal health and hygiene
2. The determination of
applications for licences, approvals, consents, permission or
registration or the direct regulation of any person or the
enforcement of any such licence, approval, consent,
permission or regulation with regard
to the functions in relation to contaminated land, control of
pollution, air quality and noise and statutory nuisance listed in
Schedule 1 to the Local Authorities (Functions and
Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000.
3. All non-executive functions of the Council with regard to
licensing and registration of:
Hackney Carriages and Private Hire
Vehicles, drivers and operators
Betting, gaming and
Theatres and cinemas
Street trading and
All other licensing functions listed
in Part B of Schedule 1 to the Regulations other than those
relating to streets and highways.
4. Any function relating to contaminated
5. The discharge of any function relating to the
control of pollution or the management of air quality.
6. The service of an abatement notice in respect
of a statutory nuisance.
7. The passing of a resolution that Schedule 2
to the Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993 should apply in the
8. The inspection of the authority’s area
to detect any statutory nuisance.
9. The investigation of any complaint as to the
existence of a statutory nuisance.
10. The functions
of the Council relating to complaints regarding high hedges
contained within Part 8 of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act
1. Power to issue licences authorising the use
of land as a caravan site.
2. Power to license the use of movable dwellings
and camping sites.
3. To exercise
the powers of the Council relating to Hackney Carriages and Private
4. Power to grant permits in respect of premises
with amusement machines.
5. Power to register societies wishing to
6. To consider applications for hazardous
7. Power to grant permits in respect of premises
where amusements with prizes are provided.
8. Power to consider and determine applications
for public entertainment licences.
9. Power to licence sex shops and sex
10. Power to licence performances of
11. Power to licence premised for acupuncture,
tattooing, ear piercing and electrolysis.
12. Power to licence markets and street
13. Power to licence night cafes and take away
14. Power to licence dealers in game and the
killing and seeking of game.
15. Power to register and licence premises for
the preparation of food.
16. Power to licence scrap yards.
17. Power to licence premises for the breeding
18. Power to licence pet shops and other
establishments where animals are kept or bred for the purposes of
carrying on a business.
19. Power to licence dangerous wild
20. Power to licence knackers' yards.
21. Power to licence persons to collect for
charitable and other causes.
22. Power to approve meat product premises and
to approve premises for the production of minced meat or meat
23. Power to approve dairy establishments and
egg product establishments.
24. Power to issue licences to retail butchers'
shops carrying out commercial operations in relation to unwrapped
raw meat and selling both raw meat and ready to eat
25. To keep a register of food business
26. Power to
register food business premises.
27. Power to
issue arena and theatre licences.
28. Power to licence zoos.
29. To consider and determine applications for public entertainment
30. The functions of the Council under the
i) House to House Collections Act 1939 as amended
by the Local Government Act 1972;
ii) Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Act 1963 -
1971 as amended by the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act
ii) Gaming Act, 1968 as amended by the Lotteries
and Amusement Act 1976.
31. Power to fix those fees and
charges falling within the remit of the Committee.