Venue: Council Chamber. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Election of Chair
Councillor Hunt was elected as Chair for the meeting.
Apologies for absence
That the minutes of the above meeting, having been circulated, be approved as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest
The Panel considered an application to vary a premises licence for 46 Front Street Arnold.
In addition to the written representations in the bundle the panel heard live evidence from:
1. Alexander Smith (The Applicant).
2. William Langston (Environmental Health Officer).
In making its decision, the Panel has had regard to the Gedling Borough Council Licensing Policy, the guidance issued under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and the Human Rights Act 1998 and carefully considered all the evidence presented to it, including the agreed conditions with the police and the proposed condition discussed between the Applicant and Environmental Health Officer.
The Panel has made this decision to promote the 4 licensing Objectives:
1. Prevention of crime and disorder.
2. Public Safety.
3. Prevention of Public Nuisance.
4. Protection of Children from harm.
1. Grant the application for the variation of the Premises Licence in relation to the inclusion of sales of alcohol off the premises. The Licence is subject to the current conditions specified in Annex 1 and 2 of Premise Licence Number 19/01839/PREM and is also subject to the additional condition agreed with the police as set out below:
a) When the premises are offering licensable activities on a Friday and Saturday there shall be a minimum of 2 SIA licensed door supervisors on duty at the premises from 20:30hrs, when there is an event using the upstairs bar there will be a third door staff on duty from 22:00 until close.
This condition may be disapplied or re applied by written agreement with the Police at least 1 to 2 working days prior to the date and time of the disapplication and such written agreement retained at the premises.
2. Refuse the application for the variation of the Premises Licence in relation to:
a) Extend the opening hours on Friday and Saturday to 02:30hrs.
b) Extend the sale of alcohol on Friday and Saturday to 02:00hrs.
c) Extend regulated entertainment (live and recorded music) to 02:00hrs.
d) Extend provision of late night refreshment to 02:00hrs.